The story made the front page! I didn't know that until I saw it in a vendor. I felt just like an intern who sees his name in the paper for the first time in his life - bought the paper and showed to the guy who sold me "hey, that's mine". Lame, but I had to do it.
In this story, I worked a different skill - to write a feature is different than writing a news story. Although I write many features in Brazil, to do it in other language and about a entirely different environment was challenging.
I'm just getting back from Baltimore, where I attended to the 2009 IRE Conference. I managed to bear an extremely cold air-conditioning and a incredibly bad-smelling hostel room, but it was worthy. I knew very cool journalists and I saw awesome panels with new experiences in journalism and also with various techniques from old newsmen. I'm still trying to process all that information and write down all new ideas this 4-day immersion gave me.
But I've had my "groupie" moment: got an autograph and took a picture wiht Mr. Bob Woodward - how about that?
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário