sexta-feira, 24 de julho de 2009

Rodrigo's Beatlemania

It was a Saturday, July 18th, when I saw him standing there. Sir Paul McCartney, the best rock musician alive. Pretty much my only idol still among us. So he walked to the stage at Citi Field, and I was there with Ananda, my girl, Tiago, my drummer back in Brazil, and Maria, his wife. Dearest friends and love in a warm and perfect summer night.
Everything went just perfect. He played over two and a half hours, he did his best to entertain the people --- complete success on that. After an incredible fireworks show in "Live and Let Die", he played Hey Jude and I bursted on tears. Pretty lame, I know, but I couldn't help it.
It was unforgettable. The stadium stands on the very spot of the famous Shea Stadium, where the Beatles performed live for a crazy crows in the 60's. By my side, in 2009, plenty of baby-boomers remembering the Beatlemania. I traveled in time a little, and watched to the best concert in my life. As you can see in my face.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário